Saturday, May 9, 2009

Already an Overprotective Mom???

Today Brock and I were at the mall trying to waste time until Brad got off work. I had a coupon at Gymboree so we decided to stop in there and look. Brock loves to go in there because they have kiddie chairs and a TV to entertain children while parents shop. I let Brock out of the stroller and he walked over to the blue chair. There were two little girls (probably 3 and 5) already in the other two chairs...who knows where their mom was? Brock walked over, sat down, and just looked around the store. He was precious : ) Then I heard the younger girl talking and I looked around to see her in Brock's face saying "Do you want your sippy cup" in a sassy little voice. I thought...I know that she is not making fun of him! She continued to talk to him like that while he just sat. I felt so sorry for him. He had no idea that she was being ugly, but I did and I did not like it. I walked over to get Brock away from the little brats! The younger girl then looked at me and said "I stepped on his toe". I looked her straight in the face and said in a stern voice "Then you need to apologize to him". I was so mad! Again, who knows where the mom was but I hope that she heard the conversation. Anyways...this just upset me today because I thought, No one is going to make fun of my little boy : )

3 comments:

Alison said...

I just read an article about preschool bullies today! I think that little girl might qualify as a "bully" :).

Jason, Megan and McKenzie said...

Poor Brock! Who could be mean to such a sweet boy...well, McKenzie has slapped him a few times! However, here mommy was standing right there!! Does that make it any better? I am glad you told that girl to say sorry. That little girls needs some sign language manners!! :)

Joy said...

Good for you, Brooke!!!