Friday, July 24, 2009

Braden's Room

We have been working on Braden's room for a while now. We had to repaint the office which was orange (because it was our Auburn room) to make it the nursery. Brad painted it blue and it looks really good. I was kind of nervous about having a blue room but it turned out great. The black furniture came in and Brad put all of it together. It is now in the nursery and looks nice with the blue walls. We still have a little decorating to do but here are some pictures of what we have so far. It won't be long until little Braden is here to sleep in his room : )
This is the theme of the nursery. It took me forever to find this canvas on Ebay and I am so excited that I finally did!

This is Braden's Jenny Lind crib. Also, the crib set that I found for such a great deal (see previosu post). I decided to do something a little different with his name so I hung the letters with gingham ribbon on a coat rack.

This is the toy bench that I found at Hobby Lobby and the cheap ($2.90) curtains that actually match the bedding that I found on clearance at Babies R Us.

Here is the Jenny Lind changing table. It still needs a cover and baskets but those are coming soon!

This is the chest that still needs a lamp, etc. I want to put a wall quote above this...any suggestions on where to find one?

I am still looking for the musical mobile, and extra gingham crib sheet and possibly the rug. If you come across it (since it is discontinued), please let me know : )

2 comments:

Alison said...

You are putting me to shame! We have not even started on Garison's room - at this point, I hope he likes purple :)!

Everything looks great! I ran across a blog several months ago...wordcandyvinyl.blogspot. I've never tried vinyl myself, but have heard so many great things about it. I want to do one of her bathroom sayings - I think they are so cute! Good luck!

Trish said...

Brooke--I love Braden's Room! As for the wall quotes, try www.etsy.com Search for vinyl wall quotes...they have a ton and the prices are good! I just realized we are within weeks of each other in our pregnancies!