Tuesday, May 20, 2008

School is Out....well, almost

Today I will be tutoring for the last time for this school year. I have been working with a 10th grade girl in Algebra II and a 9th grade boy in Algebra I. They both have their final exam tomorrow. I love it!!! It is so nice to sit down with someone one on one and help them. They have worked hard this year and I am so proud of them. I call myself a math nerd because I love doing math. It allows me to use my brain and do something that I love. I will miss tutoring over the summer but look forward to it picking back up in the Fall. For you other stay home moms, share your ideas on what you do outside of your children.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I work part time at our church. It keeps me sane! :)

Leslie Harwell said...

I sew a lot (outfits for them). Just got into to sewing in late January. And I also scrapbook with a friend every other Wed. night.

Joy said...

I don't know if working 2 days a week as a nurse keeps me sane exactly, but it definitely puts me in different experience than staying home with Charlie.

My sister is 'math nerd' just like you, former math teacher who is a now a stay-at-home-mom, and she tutors like you and makes a ton of money from it!