Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Storm Damage, Again

In mid-March we had a bad storm with very large size hail (the size of baseballs) which caused damage to our roof. About two weeks ago, we got our new roof and it looked great. Last night, we had another storm. This time a tree fell on our house. I was tutoring, as mentioned in the previous post, and a limb fell right in front of the window. I said to the girl that I was tutoring, "I am glad that did not hit your car". Then I looked up and there was a tree on the house. Luckily, it hit on the garage and not a part that we were in. We did not think that it did much damage until this morning when Brad went into the attic and he said he saw tree limbs. Therefore, it looks like we will be getting part of a new roof again. Brad thinks that this is our sign to move. We will see...... Of course, the Insurance said they are busy and cannot send someone out for several days so we are going with the same company that fixed the roof the first time and then let them handle it with insurance. Hopefully this will be all the repairs on our house for a while. Here are some pics of the damage.

2 comments:

Joy said...

oh no-- hope everything turns out okay!

Alison said...

Oh my!! This happened to some very good friends of our's here a few years ago, except the tree went into their living room. They ended up living with us for 2 weeks while they had the entire floor and walls redone. I'm so glad this only went through your garage and that no one was injured!! If you move, I think you should move to Huntsville :).