Monday, September 22, 2008

My Hobby

At Christmas, I got a sewing/embroidery machine. I have been trying since then to make some "cute" stuff. When I was pregnant with Brock, I loved getting stuff with his name on it. So I decided that I was going to learn to make it myself. Well, it has been much harder than I expected. I am doing pretty good with burb cloths. I am trying new things with them but now I want to make some clothes. My first shirt, a tiger paw, was horrible!!! I can only let Brock play it in at home. My new shirt, a football, turned out okay. It is just a little off center. My third shirt, a ghost, is alright but just a little low on the shirt. Hopefully one day I will get it right without going broke first! The bib with the "B" turned out pretty good. It is my for future niece, Bryggen, who is due in January. The "Hey Diddle Diddle" burb cloth is also pretty good, I just need to sew a ribbon on it. These are the latest things that I have done. I just do not have much spare time to sit and work on it. It is fun and I enjoy doing it most of the time (when my machine is working right). I would love to hear from others that have this interest too. If you have any suggestions, I welcome them!!!!!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, thanks for sharing! The only advice I've heard is "just pay someone $7 to have it done professionally". :) However, what's the fun in that?!?!? You are doing great - keep it up - you'll be a pro in no time.

Leslie Harwell said...

Brooke, you are doing awesome. I can sew clothes but dont have the machine to monogram but have done one or two things with just the long stitch on my machine. Keep up the good work. I really want to try a Big M on something for Madelyn soon. We will see. Enjoy!