Sunday, April 20, 2008

100 Things

My friends Joy and Carmen both tagged me to write 100 Things about Me.
Here we go....
1. My birth date is October 16, 1978.
2. I was born in Rome, Georgia.
3. My parents are David Brock and Anne Stewart.
4. I have one older sister.
5. Her name is Brandi and she is married to Mike.
6. They have one little girl, Olivia, that was born in January (my niece).
7. My sister and I are 3 years apart in age.
8. I grew up in Cedartown, Georgia and lived there all my life until college.
9. My parents divorced when I was 6.
10. They both remarried and my step-mother is Dinah and my step-father is Greg. They have been remarried for 20 years.
11. I went to Pre-School at First Methodist in Cedartown.
12. This is where I met my best friends Molly, Kim and Lindsay. Yes, we are still friends!!!
13. We took ballet together and were “Blue Birds of Happiness”.
14. I went to kindergarten at Northside where I cried every day because I did not want to sit by boys. (isn’t that too funny)
15. This is when I decided that I was going to quit school forever.
16. My parents changed that decision for me and I continued on to Elementary school at Cherokee.
17. This is where I got in trouble for talking too much in the first grade. My partner in crime was Shelby. I will never forget this.
18. I decided that ballet was not for me and I started to clog.
19. I was a Peach Blossom Clogger and I loved it!!! I wish that I could still take clogging.
20. I also thought that I wanted to play softball….bad mistake. I was horrible to say the least.
21. So, I played basketball. I think that I only got to play because I was tall.
22. I then went on to attend Purks Middle School. This is where my basketball career began (Ha Ha).
23. I played on the JV basketball team in the 8th grade.
24. I loved being in Junior Beta Club and enjoyed going to all the Beta Conventions.
25. My principal was Mr. Montgomery. He was so nice. He died of cancer but was such a special person.
26. My high school years were spent at Cedartown High School.
27. We were the Bulldogs…..any dogs in the house?
28. I hate the Georgia Bulldogs!
29. This is when I decided to stop sitting the bench in basketball and try Track.
30. My friend Kim and I had some really good times running track (or walking in our case.)
31. Coach Dabbs was our coach and he was a wonderful role model.
32. I was saved in 1994 and am proud to say that I am a Christian.
33. I had a GREAT math teacher, Mrs. Bojo. She inspired me to become a math teacher.
34. I got a Grand Am for my 16th Birthday that we named the “Burgandy Bomber”…fun times!!
35. I had a special group of friends in high school and we had some really great times “Cruising Main”.
36. I graduated in 1997.
37. I was the salutatorian of my class.
38. The only college that I applied to was Auburn University.
39. I moved there in the Fall of 1997.
40. I love the AUBURN TIGERS…….WARRRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE!!!!!
41. I went through Rush and became a Delta Delta Delta.
42. I roomed with my best friend Molly my freshmen year. Kim lived off campus.
43. I had many special sorority sisters. (Carmen, Emily, Karena, Stacy)
44. Carmen set me up for a Social with Brad and that is where our story began.
45. I met Brad, my awesome husband, the fall of my sophomore year.
46. Our first group date was to eat ice cream at the Flush.
47. Our first real date was to the Cracker Barrel and the Columbus Fair. If you know me, you know that these are my least favorite places. However, I decided to give him a second chance : -)
48. Brad drove a really big car. It was a Grand Marquis. We called it Hercules. (I was so glad when he finally got a little red truck).
49. The “Cedartown girls” met some “Dothan people” and we became good friends. (HEY!!!)
50. My four years at Auburn were GREAT!!!!! I loved every minute of it and would love to be a college kid again. All the friends that I made are great people and I miss all of you!!
51. Well, it was all great except for the one speeding ticket that I got. I was terrified!! (Kim, do you remember this?)
52. Brad and I dated throughout college. Brad graduated in the Winter and moved to Atlanta to work for Home Depot.
53. Brad has a really great family. They made me feel welcome from the very beginning. Dad (Bob) and Mom (Peggy) live in Auburn. Robert and Jen have two children, Wilson and Emery. They are precious. Mike and Heidi also live in Auburn. Brad would love to move there but it is too far for me.
54. I graduated in June 2001.
55. I majored in Secondary Mathematics Education.
56. I moved to Dallas, Georgia and began teaching in Paulding County.
57. Brad and I got engaged at the Sun Dial atop The Westin in Atlanta in August of 2001.
58. We got married in June 2002 at First Methodist Church in Cedartown.
59. Our Wedding was very special even with the blooper…we had interference from the Catholic church coming through on the mike…it was not funny then and I am still trying to find it funny now.
60. Brad is an amazing husband and now father. He is truly a blessing.
61. We moved to Villa Rica.
62. We live in Mirror Lake.
63. I taught 8th grade Math for three years at East Paulding Middle School.
64. I met some really good friends…Tammy, Sara, Molly, Gretchen and Laura.
65. I started working on my Master’s degree at Piedmont College.
66. I finished in 1 ½ years and received my Master’s degree in Math Education.
67. I decided I wanted to teach high school math and transferred to Paulding County High School.
68. This was a Major mistake!!
69. I did meet two great people, Kristy and Keisha.
70. I “retired” after teaching just 4 short years.
71. I decided I wanted to do something different so I began working at Sylvan Learning Center.
72. I was the Director of Education and also a teacher.
73. I got pregnant and decided to be a stay home mom when he was born.
74. I never thought that I would do this until I actually got pregnant and realized how special he was going to be and how I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could.
75. We did not care if it was a boy or girl, as long as the baby was healthy. We had names picked out either way….Aubrie Ann or Brock Thomas.
76. Brock Thomas Slocumb was born on December 21, 2006.
77. He weighed 9 pounds 1 ounce and was 19 inches long.
78. It was a terrible delivery…I will spare the details.
79. However, a precious little blessing was born that day and it was all worth it.
80. After staying home for several months with Brock, I decided that I wanted to use my brain a little more so I began teaching classes at West Central Technical College.
81. I love it!!!!
82. I get to actually teach students who want to learn and I do not have to deal with all the garbage of middle or high school….it is like a dream come true.
83. We attend Midway Macedonia Church.
84. We really like it and we love our Life Group.
85. I love going to Auburn football games. Thanks to Brad’s parents we are able to go each season.
86. Brock has no option for college except Auburn. He will NOT attend UGA.
87. I love to scrapbook.
88. I have a new embroidery/sewing machine and I am learning to make things. Hopefully one day I will be good enough to sell things.
89. I love to read People Magazine.
90. I listen to J 93.3 (a Christian radio station) in my car on the radio. (with a Blues Clues DVD playing in the background).
91. I LOVE the beach.
92. I hate feet but love to get pedicures.
93. My maternal grandparents, Carolyn and Curtis Maxwell and my paternal grandmother, Martha Miller, are very special to me. My paternal grandfather, Charles Brock, passed away right after I graduated from Auburn. We miss you Pop!
94. My mother is great and has such a loving heart. My father is great also and will help do anything. Thanks for being great parents!
95. My best friends, Molly & Kim, and their spouses, Jason & Reese, along with Brad and I are going to Las Vegas in July to celebrate our 30th Birthdays.
96. I look forward to going to the gym every day with my friend Molly (even though I am not losing weight). Brock gets to play with her 3 boys at the nursery. My favorite is Step and Spin.
97. My favorite TV show is Desperate Housewives.
98. My favorite food is chicken…yum yum.
99. I love slice-n-bake chocolate chip cookies with milk.
100. I love to sleep….Good Night!

This was really hard to do. I am usually a woman of few words so thinking of this was hard. I am sure that I left out a lot of stuff but at least this gives you a little more info about me.

Now, I tag Heth, Cindy, Leslie, and Brad. Hopefully this will make Brad post something since he is slacking on the Blog.

4 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Brooke, this was really fun to read! I am glad that I knew some of them =)Anyway, you will have to take some pictures of ya'lls trip to Vegas - hilarious! I cannot wait to hear stories. That is so special that your high school AND college friends are the same (and that you keep in touch!). Love it!

Alison said...

I haven't thought of "The Flush" in forever!!! What memories! We like Brad too...I won't ever forget us taking that big old car to Asheville to camp in -10 degree weather!

The Kendricks- Tales From Opossum's World said...

That's pretty amazing. You graduated from college before high school (see #37 and #54). I'm no math wiz, but these numbers aren't adding up... Heth. By the way, when are we going to hear from the man of the house?

The Slocumb Family said...

Thanks Heth for pointing out my mistake. It is now fixed. And by the way, Brad is not the man of the house....Brock is.